Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

today is the 2/1/2007!!! happy new year everyone.

this will be the year i accept a different surname and family, the year i become someone's wife, daughter-in-law...i will have to learn and accept new customs and traditions, and a new way of life. my yearly celebrations will be different than the one i have grown up with, and there will be new ties to forge with people i have yet to meet.

i will miss celebrating traditions being surrounded by customs i have grown comfortable with. it will be strange that the first people i greet will not be those that have greeted me in the years that have passed. for my mom have always told me that when i marry someone, i will have to marry his family, and everything that comes along with it.

but i will always remain my mummy and daddy's little girl, and being the second "diamond" of the family. for the blood that runs through me is stronger than anything that binds me.

in another 25 days, i will be joining a new family...

No comments: